I George Miller Jr MD
John F. Enders Professor of Pediatrics (Infectious Disease) and Professor of Epidemiology (Microbial Diseases) and of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry; Section Chief, Pediatric Infectious Diseases
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Microbiology | Biochemistry, Biophysics and Structural Biology
Cancer Center, Yale: Molecular Virology
School of Public Health
Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry: Cell Cycle and Transcriptional Regulation | Mechanisms of Viral Pathogenesis
Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV); Kaposi's Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus (KSHV); Tumor virology more...
- M.D., Harvard Medical School, 1962
- AB, Harvard College, 1968
- Chang, P.-J., Boonsiri, J., Wang, S.-S., Chen, L.-Y. and Miller, G. Binding of RBP-J Kappa (CSL) protein to the promoter of the Kaposi’s Sarcoma-associated herpesvirus ORF47 (gL) gene is a critical but not sufficient determinant of trans-activation by ORF50 protein. Virology 398:38-48, 2010. PMID 20006367.
- Daigle, D., Megyola, C., El-Guindy, A., Gradoville, G., Tuck, D., Miller, G. and Bhaduri-McIntosh, S. Up-regulation of STAT3 Marks Burkitt Lymphoma Cells Refractory to Epstein-Barr Virus Lytic Cycle Induction by HDAC Inhibitors. J. Virology 84:993-1004, 2010. PMID: 19889776
- Dela Cruz, C.S., S.R. Viswanathan, A.S. El-Guindy, D. Shedd and G. Miller. Complex N-linked Glycans on N89 of Kaposi’s Sarcoma Herpes virus-encoded Interleukin-6 mediate optimal function by affecting cytokine protein conformation. J. Biol. Chem. 284:29269-29282, 2009. PMID: 19690161